Virtue Tested™ for Emerging Tech products
Tell your potential clients you’ve done your due diligence
We’re at the frontier of a great technological revolution. Artificial intelligence, automation, virtual and augmented reality, autonomous automobiles, drones, robots, CRISPR, nanotechnology, biotechnology, and more.
The opportunity is huge, but so is the risk. That’s what makes ethical risk due diligence so important.
Virtue’s Ethical Risk Due Diligence Process systematically and exhaustively identifies the risks of emerging tech products across six categories.
The Six Categories of Ethical Risk for Emerging Tech Products
1. Physical and Mental Harm (e.g. death, addiction)
2. Privacy (e.g. biometric data, de/re-identification)
3. Trust and Respect (e.g. algorithmic bias, automated persuasion)
4. Relationships and Social Cohesion (e.g. social trust)
5. Social Justice and Fairness (e.g. algorithmic bias, redlining, neo-physiognomy)
6. Unintended Consequences (e.g false positives/negatives)
Companies that employ Virtue’s Ethical Risk Due Diligence Process and take concrete steps to managing their risks are awarded the “Virtue Tested” Seal. Consumers who see the “Virtue Tested” Seal can be assured the product they are purchasing was vigorously tested and the company from whom they are purchasing takes ethics seriously. Companies may release Virtue’s Ethical Risk Analysis Report at their discretion.